- Overseas voter application period 2020.02.16. ~ 2022.01.08.
Prohibited Acts of Contributing in Election
■ what is the act of contributing?
The act of contributing in accordance with the Public official Election Act refers to the act of a person offering money goods or other profit in property without chanrge, or showing internation or promising profit offering.
■ When is the act of cintributing prohibited?
- The act of contributing in relation to election of member of the National Assembly is always(continuously) prohibited.
■ What art the punishments for violating the act of contributing?
- Upon the act of contributing in relation to an election, the person can be prosecuted, or be restricted in term of passport issuance, etc., in the care of Korean nationals, or be prohibited from entry into the country in the care of foreigner (includein gthose with citizenship).
Caution!!! The act of contributing is punishable for both the giver and receiver.
■ What are the acts that correspond to the of contributing?
- The act of offering money/valuables or transportation for the request of vote solicitation concerning a specific political party/candidate
- The act of offering or receiving money/transportation for the registration application of Korean national electorates overseas or the declaration of overseas absentee
=> It does not correspond to the act of contributing when all the users equally pay the expenses concerning the rental/use of bus, etc., for registration application/declaration of Korean national electorates oeverseas or overseas voting.
- The act receiving money/food, etc., from a politician visiting abroad.
- The act or a political party/candidate/third part offering money/goods or other porfit in property in relation to an election in the name of development fund, etc., to group, etc.
=> The act of a member of a group paying membership fee within the previous boundary under the obligation of the group's articles of association/regulation or management practices is possible.